Love is not just a feeling for someone. Love is the very life of God. Our God is a father full of love. No one can see the father without working in Love. We must understand that those who genuinely know God walk in His love. 1 John 4:7-8. Their life is filled with acts of love toward others. They love because they themselves have experienced the love of the Father through saving grace of our Lord Jesus. This love encounter must transform our lives and minds and we must therefore live a life of love so as to please our Heavenly Father.
Why is love the greatest?
- Without love you cannot know God. 1 John 4:8. He that loveth not knoweth not God… It means love is a condition that proves we know God. 1 John 2:4-5
- Without love you are in the darkness. 1 John2:9 -911. Love brings s light into the heart of Man. If you hate you are living in darkness. Those that live in darkness lives in great danger of been easily destroyed. There is great danger when one walks in darkness.
- There is no profit without love. 1 Cor. 13:3. You can’t make any gain no matter your gifts if there is no love attached to the gifts. The excellence of your gift comes out when you share it in love.
- Love is the greatest because it kills iniquity. Love does not support unrighteousness. 1 Cor. 13:6. Love establishes the truth.
- Love is great because with love you can bear all things, believe all things, endure all things and hope all things. 1 Cor. 13:7.
- Love does not fail. 1 Cor. 13:8. All other may fail but love does not fail because God is love.
No one reject love. Show someone some love today; make others around you feel touched by God via your love. "And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest of these is LOVE". 1 Cor. 13:13.